Ge is a male first name. In some cases it's also given to girls.
Recently, the name Ge has been given only a handful of times a year and is therefore particularly rare, at least in the US. In recent years, not even one boy in 100,000 has been named Ge. That means that a boy named Ge is exceptional and may not meet another person with the same name his whole life. If you polled the whole US population – children, adults and seniors – you’d find less than one in 10,000 to be named Ge.
If you ever wanted to meet a boy or man named Ge, you have limited options – because boys with this beautiful name are currently only living in . However, we must admit that a given name is only included in a state’s official statistics if there are at least five people with that name living in that state – so it’s quite possible that there are still a few men and boys called Ge living in one state or another. (If your name is Ge and you live outside of , we’d really appreciate it if you’d let us know so we can refine our statistics even further.) Which means – if you put this number in relation to the population of the USA – only one in 1,633,168 boys and men would turn around if you called out the name Ge. So if your name is Ge, it’s very likely that you won’t need a nickname in your peer group, because having the name Ge already makes you quite special.
Well, you might say, you probably figured that out yourself! But what you might not know is: The letter G is not really common as a first letter for boys' names: only 2.8% of all common boys' names in the US begin with G. By the way, the most common first letters of boys' names are J, A and D, while X, U and Q are the least common initials of boys' names.
Being only two letters long, the name Ge is really special. Only 0.2% of all common first names in the US are written with just two letters. On the other hand, 99.8% of all boys’ and girls’ names use more than two letters. On average, first names in the US (not counting hyphenated names) are 6.5 letters long. There are no significant differences between boys' and girls' names.
That means that with 2.8% of all boys' names beginning with a G, this initial letter is less common than the other letters on average. Nevertheless, there are boys' names with G that are quite popular, the most common at present is George.
If your name is Ge and someone asks after your name, you can of course just tell them what it is. But sometimes that isn't so easy - what if it's too loud, and you don't understand them well? Or what if the other person is so far away that you can see them but not hear them? In these situations, you can communicate your name in so many other ways: you call spell it, sign it, or even use a flag to wave it...
So that everyone really understands you when you have to spell the name Ge, you can simply say:
The NATO alphabet often helps people spell words on the phone or radio when there are communication problems.
Braille is made up of dots, which the blind and visually impaired can feel to read words.
Just use American Sign Language!
These flags are used for maritime communication - each flag represents a letter.
In the navy, sailors of two ships might wave flags to each other to send messages. A sailor holds two flags in specific positions to represent different letters.
In Morse code, letters and other characters are represented only by a series of short and long tones. For example, a short tone followed by a long tone stands for the letter A. Ge sounds like this: